I know I’ve said it before, but can I just tell you how absolutely thrilled I was with the success of Gypsy Queen, our very first Mystery Quilt Along. So thrilled, in fact, that I’ve already put together our 2016 project! Introducing ….
A little bit about this Mystery QAL:
- Like Gypsy Queen, the Beguiling Mystery QAL is a FREE Quilt Along running from the end of February to the end of July.
- This year’s quilt finishes at 80″ square. It has a fresh, summery-yet-sophisticated feel and we’ve picked a gorgeous palette of blues an golds to work with!
- Yes! We’re re-using a few of those fabulous Artisan Fabrics by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics from Gypsy Queen – mainly because I’m obsessed with these colors right now … and this quilt will be living next to Gypsy Queen in my own living room, so I wanted them to get along. 🙂 We’ve also thrown in some gorgeous blues from Pat’s latest line, Dare. Don’t they play well together?
- The difficulty level for this pattern is somewhere between a Very Confident Beginner and Intermediate. The pattern uses Half-Square-Triangle and Half-Rectangle blocks, Flying Geese blocks, some traditional piecing, and some “Stitch, Trim, & Flip” type blocks. No applique, templates, or special rulers required. It’s very straight-forward construction, but there are lots of tiny blocks, so accurate cutting and piecing skills are a must!
- If you’ve liked our Aspen Glow and Gypsy Queen Quilts, then chances are, you’ll love this one too!
Fabric Requirements and Quilt Kits:
We have a very limited number of quilt kits in stock. They’re currently on sale for $115 (reg. $150) + shipping and they’ll be shipping out the last week in February. Get yours in our shop.
We’d love to have you sew along with us! The specific schedule is available on the Beguiling Home Page. Sign up below to receive Quilt Along updates and links to the weekly clues by email. I can’t wait to start another amazing adventure together!![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]