Greetings friends and welcome to our first official Luna Mystery Quilt Along post!
We are just about two months away from starting our project … but I’ve receive loads and loads of requests to post yardage requirements and color theory information ahead of schedule! Just a reminder – all of our Mystery QAL frequently asked questions are answered over on our quilt home page.
Here’s the project in a nutshell:
- There are five sizes to choose from:
- Lap Size (56.5″ x 56.5″) or Throw Size (62.5″ x 62.5″ with 3″ borders)
- Full Size (85″ x 85″) or Queen Size (91″ x 91″ with 3″ borders)
- King Size
- We’ll be sewing together from the beginning of May through the end of July. The complete QAL homepage and links to previous posts can be found here.
- I’d classify the difficulty of this project as “Early Intermediate” – but don’t let that frighten you! We’ll be sharing loads of tips and tricks with each clue, along with plenty of video tutorials on our youtube channel to help you along every step of the way!
Love QALs? Help keep this one free!
Pattern and intellectual theft seems to be raging out of control these days! This breaks my heart because I (and so many of my fellow designers) work so very hard to give you great projects at reasonable prices … but this is still our livelihood! This is how I make a living! To help ensure that future mystery quilting alongs keep coming and stay free, please take the following into consideration.
This project is free to download for MY customers only.
If you’d like to share the projects with your guild mates, or with quilty friends and family, please send them here to my website to download the clues for themselves. Reproducing and distributing these clues in any manner is illegal.
If you are a shop-owner, or run a quiltalong facebook group or website …
… you may share the details of our QAL (name, date, cost, website) with your customers, but they must still come to me to get the clues.
I’m happy for you to spread the word and invite as many friends to join us as possible, but don’t use my work to enhance your business. Reproducing and distributing any of my clues in any manner is illegal. If you’re in doubt, please check with me!
If you come across people abusing our QAL, please let me know.
On to the QAL details …
I’ve specifically designed this mystery quilt to showcase the prints from my new Mabon fabric collection! We still have plenty of mystery quilt kits left in our shop and through the end of March, we’re offering to split your payments up over three months, as follows. You can also pre-order coordinating backing, and an extra fat quarter bundle too!
As you begin to pull prints or if you’re looking for a bit of advice, do share photos and thoughts …
- In our facebook QAL group – click here to join
- on Instagram, using #LunaMysteryQuilt and #CorasQuilts. Be sure to include these hashtags so we can find you!