Hey friends and welcome to Cora’s Quilts! Today on the Benartex Pre-Cut Project Hop, we’re chatting about the fat quarter friendly projects that go along with my new Mabon fabric collection, which is hitting shops as we speak!
While a lot of my patterns don’t tend to be pre-cut friendly, I was pleasantly surprised to find that THREE of my Mabon patterns were! Pineapple Promenade, Sweet Caroline, and Apple Blossoms are all fat quarter friendly!
I’ve already introduced Apple Blossoms and our 2020 Block of the Month program, and the story behind Sweet Caroline is coming in a few weeks – sign up for our newsletter if you want to hear more! – so today, let me formally introduce you to Pineapple Promenade!
Pineapple Promenade started life out as a very planned project – meaning it featured eight or ten similar prints, with specific fabric placements, for a very traditional looking quilt. After making the first version, which I loved, I knew that someday I wanted to revisit the pattern and give it a fun, modern, lively makeover!
Because my Mabon fabric line has two color stories – a warm palette with yellows and reds, and a cool palette with aquas and blues – it was the perfect chance to play around with the scrappier version … and I’m quite smitten with it!
Now, believe it or not, this quilt is what I’d call a “one-block-wonder,” meaning that it’s made from a single block, along with some sashing and borders. The blocks are made entirely using my signature stitch-and-flip assembly method … meaning that there are zero bias edges or triangles to piece. And as a bonus – you’ve got some awesome triangular scraps leftover that you can use in a variety of other designs!
The way the blocks are assembled create this really fabulous secondary pattern – a kind of Irish-Chain/Pineapple hybrid, if you will. And, as the background units come together, they create this really amazing circular effect … without having to piece any curves!
If you’d like to make your own Pineapple Promenade quilt, the pattern comes with instructions for three quilt sizes:
- Throw Size: 76″ x 76″
- Twin Size: 76″ x 94″
- King Size: 112″ x 112″
While supplies last, we’re also offering Pineapple Promenade Quilt Kits for 15% off the retail price … since we’re all stuck at home for the time being!
And before I sent you along to your next stop, I’d love to tell you about some exciting things we have going on here at Cora’s Quilts!
- We’ll be hosting a live Facebook Chat, on Monday, 3/23 at 10:00AM, PST. You’ll need to be a member of our facebook group to watch …
- Check out LUNA – our Free Mystery QAL featuring Mabon fabrics. QAL starts on May 1st!
- Stay informed about happenings in our studio! Sign up for our newsletter here.
Thanks for stopping by as part of the Pre-Cut Blog hop with Benartex! You can follow along with the whole blog hop with these stops:
- Monday 3/16: Pat Sloan and by Annie
- Tuesday 3/17: Debby Kratovil
- Wednesday 3/18: Modern Quilt Studio
- Thursday 3/19: Charisma Horton
- Friday 3/20: Amanda Murphy
- Saturday 3/21: Andy Knowlton
- Sunday 3/22: Sandra Walker
- Monday 3/23: Wendy Sheppard
- Tuesday 3/24: Cherry Guidry
- Wednesday 3/25: Nancy Halvorsen and Nancy Scott
- Thursday 3/26: Heidi Pridemore
- Friday 3/27: Christa Watson and Lisa Ruble