Welcome to our 2nd Annual Mystery Quilt Along!
Last year’s Gypsy Queen Mystery QAL was such a huge hit that we couldn’t wait to dive into this year’s project! As with Gypsy Queen, this will be a FREE Quilt Along – so tell your friends, your guild, your sewing circle! The instructions will stay on the blog, but only until the end of August. Once “the cat’s out of the bag” the traditional pattern – put together in a non-mysterious way – will be available for purchase.
Some Quilt Details:
- The quilt finishes at 80″ square. As Blue Print #1 (see below) is used for binding, please plan on getting additional yardage Blue Print #2 for any additional borders if you’d like to up-size.
- Beguiling has a fresh, summery-yet-sophisticated feel. I’ve put our sample together in a complimentary palette of blues and gold.
- The difficulty level is somewhere between a Very Confident Beginner and Intermediate. The pattern uses Half-Square-Triangle and Half-Rectangle blocks, Flying Geese blocks, some traditional piecing, and some “Stitch, Trim, & Flip” type blocks. No applique, templates, or special rulers required. It’s very straight-forward construction, but there are lots of tiny blocks, so accurate cutting and piecing skills are a must!
- If you’ve liked our Aspen Glow and Gypsy Queen quilts, then chances are you’ll love this one too!
We have a very limited number of quilt kits in stock. They’re currently on sale for $115 (reg. $150) + shipping and they’ll be shipping out the first week in February. They are currently available in our shop.
Sharing & Social Media:
- Facebook: Join our Online Facebook Community and connect with fellow QAL-ers.
- Instagram: Follow us @CorasQuilts and use #BeguilingMysteryQuilt to share your photos
- Flickr: Share your photos in our Beguiling Mystery Quilt Group
- Add our Quilt Along button to your website!
Quilt Along Schedule:
Click on the Topic below to be redirected to the pattern page. Please note that the links will not work until the blog post has been published!
- 2/26 – Week 1 – Cutting Instructions
- 3/4 – Week 2 – HSTs
- 3/11 – Week 3 – Big Geese
- 3/18 – Week 4 – Cornered
- 3/25 – Week 5 – HRTs
- 4/1 – Week 6 – 4 Patches
- 4/8 – Week 7 – Bitty Geese
- 4/15 – Week 8 – Snowballs
- 4/22 – Week 9 – Strip!
- 4/29 – Week 10 – Big + Little
- 5/6 – Week 11 – Strip Again!
- 5/13 – Week 12 – Bronze & Silver
- 5/20 – Week 13 – Centered
- 5/27 – Week 14 – Sashay
- 6/3 – Week 15 – Petals
- 6/10 – Week 16 – Shine
- 6/17 – Week 17 – Bloom
- 7/8 – Come Together!
- 9/23 – Parade of Finishes
Have Questions or Want to Receive Beguiling Updates by Email?