Join us in our first mystery quilt along!
Some Quilt Details:
- The quilt finishes at 67″ square, but with some extra blocks, it could easily be up-sized to 98″ square – we’ll provide instructions for both.
- We’re doing this as a free mystery QAL – so tell your friends, your guild, your sewing circle! The instructions will stay on the blog, but only until the end of the year. Once “the cat’s out of the bag” the traditional pattern – put together in a non-mysterious way – will be available for purchase.
- Gypsy Queen has a bohemian, Moroccan, mosaic feel to it. We’re making our sample using Pat Bravo’s Artisan line for Art Gallery Fabrics, which lends a gorgeous, autumn-y feel to the quilt. We also have kits in Very Merry by Sandy Gervais and in Winged by Bonnie Christine.
- We have a very limited number of quilt kits in all three palettes in the shop. Yardage requirements are below if you’re choosing your own prints:
- The difficulty level is somewhere between a Very Confident Beginner and Intermediate. The pattern uses Half-Square-Triangle blocks, Flying Geese blocks, some traditional piecing, and some “Stitch, Trim, & Flip” type blocks. No applique, templates, or special rulers required. It’s very straight-forward construction, but there are lots of tiny blocks, so accurate cutting and piecing skills are a must!
- Of all of our current patterns, the mystery quilt is probably most similar to our Aspen Glow quilts.
Sharing & Social Media:
- Instagram: Follow us @CorasQuilts and use #GypsyQueenMysteryQuilt to share your photos
- Flickr: Share your photos in our Gypsy Queen Mystery Quilt Group
- Add our Quilt Along button to your website!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.corasquilts.com/quilt-alongs/gypsy-queen/" rel="nofollow" title="Gypsy Queen Mystery Quilt Along @ Cora's Quitls"><img src="http://www.corasquilts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Gypsy-Queen-Thumbnail.jpg" alt="Gypsy Queen Mystery Quilt Along @ Cora's Quitls" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Quilt Along Schedule:
Click on the Topic below to be redirected to the pattern page. Please note that the links will not work until the blog post has been published!
- 8/28 – Week 1: Cutting Instructions
- 9/4 – Week 2: Half-Square-Triangle Blocks
- 9/11 – Week 3: Petals
- 9/18 – Week 4: Flying Geese
- 9/25 – Week 5: Some Busy Work 🙂
- 10/2 – Week 6: A Mosaic Peek
- 10/9 – Week 7: Bloom
- 10/16 – Week 8: 4-Patch
- 10/23 – Week 9: More Mosaics
- 10/30 – Week 10: A Cornerstone Preview
- 11/6 – Week 11: Flower Blocks
- 11/13 – Week 12: Mosaic Blocks
- 11/20 – Week 13: Cornerstone Blocks
- 11/27 – Week 14: Come Together!!!
Have Questions or Want to Receive Gypsy Queen Updates by Email?[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]