Welcome to our 4th Annual Mystery QAL!
Our 2018 Mystery Quilt Along has ended, but you can still get a copy of our Moonlit Paths pattern and sew along!
If you purchase a Quilt Kit, you can access your copy of the Moonlit Paths pattern here:
This year, we’re offering FOUR quilt sizes:
- Crib: 44″ x 44″, no solid border
- Lap: 52″ x 52″, with solid border
- Full: 80″ x 80″, with solid border
- King: 108″ x 108″, with solid border
Fabric Palette & Yardage Requirements:
We are currently taking deposits for QAL kits. You have the option of paying in full or breaking your payments up into two equal portions, due in March and April You may sign up for the payment plan at any time, and will be responsible for all payments due up to that time.
- King – 108″ x 108″ – $184 or 2 payments of $92
- Full – 80″ x 80″ – $109.25 or 2 payments of $55
- Lap – 52″ x 52″ – $65.25 or 2 payments of $33
- Crib – 44″ x 44″ – $52.25 or 2 payments of $26.50
We’re also offering a fat quarter companion bundle if you’d like to have a little extra fabric on hand. Order Kits + Bundles Here
Clues will be published weekly on our blog on Friday mornings, around 5:00AM PST. We have a new newsletter program this year, so emails with the link will go out sometime during the same day – sign up at the bottom of the page! And, someone usually posts the link first thing in the morning in our facebook group if I don’t get to it before I do my morning school run.
- Color Theory Chat
- Week 1 – March 30: Cutting Instructions
- Week 2 – April 6: 4-Patch
- Week 3 – April 13: Flying Geese-ish
- Week 4 – April 20: SIS
- Week 5 – April 27: S+F
- Week 6 – May 4: Opposites Attract
- Week 7 – May 11: Build it out
- Week 8 – May 18: Up + Up
- Week 9 – May 25: Careful Points
- Week 10 – June 1: Onward!
- Week 11 – June 8: Cornered
- Week 12 – June 15: Come Together!
- Parade of Finishes – coming soon ….
Answers to Your Burning Questions:
- NO! There will be no Half-Rectangle-Triangle Blocks. For that matter, there will be no templates, paper-piecing, applique, or specialty rulers required. This quilt is straight-up traditional piecing at its very best!
- YES! We will be offering multiple size options: 44″ Crib Size, 52″ Throw Size, 80″ Full Size, and 108″ King Size!
- YES! The ENTIRE pattern will be offered for FREE again this year, with no strings attached. The clues will only be available for download ONLY UNTIL JUNE 30th. After that, the pattern will only be available for purchase, in non-traditional form.
Want to stay in the Loop? Sign up to receive updates via email: