I am so very excited to announce the winning pattern for our 2019 Winter Quilt Along!
And, I am so happy to have a nice, wintery project to work on together over the coming months! Here are all the juicy details!
Sew Along With Us!
- Finished Size: Choose either the 41″ mini project or the 89″ full-sized projects! You’ll need a copy of the pattern to sew along – see below!
- Skill Level: Early Intermediate (Mini) to Intermediate (Full Size) – This project is a great skill-builder! There is nothing particularly hard about this project, but there are tons and tons of seams and blocks … so practicing accurate cutting and precision piecing skills are a must! I’ll be here to with tips and tricks for every single step of the way, but if you’re on the fence about taking on such a complex project, start with the mini quilt and see how it goes!
- Construction Method – Full Size: The full-sized version of this pattern includes instructions for both strip-piecing and traditional piecing, and you’ll be able to use either method for the QAL. We’ll have a little intro to strip-piecing segment before we start assembling any blocks, so if you haven’t tried the method yet you, you’ll have a chance to practice a bit before you have to choose a construction method!
- Construction Method – Mini Size: The mini-sized version of this pattern only includes instructions for traditional piecing. Because there is only one main block in the whole quilt, the strip-piecing method results in too much fabric waste to make it an economical option.
- Connect With Us!
- Join our facebook Quilt Along group to share pictures, get help, and connect with other Sweater-Weather-ists!
- Share your photos on Instagram! Use #SweaterWeatherQAL so we can check out your posts!
Get your Patterns & Kits!
To participate in this sew along, you’ll need either a digital or printed copy of our Sweater Weather or Mini Sweater Weather patterns. I’m also really excited to be able to offer the choice of SIXTEEN different quilt kits featuring Moda Bella solids and Moda Weave textural prints in some of my very favorite colors! All kits include a printed copy of the pattern.
All Sweater Weather & Mini Sweater Weather kits will be on sale, as follows:
- 20% off – 11/30/18 to 12/13/18
- 15% off – 12/14/18 to 12/27/18
- 10% off – 12/28/18 to 1/11/19
Quilt Along Schedule
Each Friday of the quilt along, we’ll share a blog post with tips, tricks, and up-close pictures on the weekly assignment. If you’d like an email with a link to the post, please subscribe to the Latest Blog Post option on our Newsletter. As we get closer to the start of the Quilt Along, we’ll add the details of the weekly assignments on the quilt along home page. … but here is a rough schedule:
- December 2018 & Early January 2019
- Get your pattern and kits
- For the full-sized quilt option, get to know the strip-piecing method and decide if you’ll be using it in your quilt! Blog post coming soon!
- Cut out your fabric!
- For the full-sized quilt option, get a jump start on putting together Building Blocks 1-10, if you have time. If not, don’t worry – you’ll be able to catch up during the QAL.
- Every Friday, 1/11/19 to 3/29/19 we’ll have a weekly assignments to work through the various building blocks and put our quilt together.